Green design and construction are fast becoming priorities for today's eco-sensitive consumers, and Mother Hubbard is ready to play a supportive role.
Because demand is increasing dramatically, green products are becoming more affordable than ever. Add to that Mother Hubbard's acumen for ingenious design and efficient application, and what you have is a formula for conscientious, gorgeous living!
Major guiding principles for green design and construction:
- Energy efficiency that exceeds local energy codes
- Resource Conservation
- Indoor air quality that promotes increased health
Things to look for when choosing materials:
- Recycled content
- Rapidly Renewable
- Found in Nature
- Pollutant free
- Noise absorbing
- Locality of resource to diminish impact of transporting materials
Some popular green choices:
- A recycling center in kitchen design
- Readily renewable flooring such as cork, bamboo or eucalyptus
- Countertops that are durable and water-resistant such as stained concrete or indigenous stone.
- Maximum natural lighting and strategic task lighting
- Paints and stains that are low-VOC or no-VOC (volatile organic compounds)
- Induction Cooking
- Appliances that are designed with maximum green consideration
These and many more invaluable insights will be at your fingertips when working with the certified kitchen designers at Mother Hubbard's Custom Cabinetry. We welcome all inquiries regarding green design at (717) 697-0949.